Tuesday, November 14, 2017

the mudd show

Planning for and attending a gallery opening of photographs by me and my classmates was a strange experience. Coming from the live music background, I am very used to creating art for attendees in real time, reacting to myself and collaborators in the moment, as well as the audience. But with the photo gallery, once I took the pictures and chose which ones to display and how, I was done. My current self no longer had the same influence on the photographs and the attendees' perception of them. Also, I didn't feel like watching other people watch my art. It's different when you're not actually making it for them in the moment. So I ate snacks outside with my friend instead.

I was really happy with the turnout though, and putting together my showing as well as seeing and helping others was fascinating. It made me want to photograph and share my visual art more.

No comments:

Post a Comment