Sunday, October 22, 2017

now

"Everything we do is music." -John Cage

There is not much I want to say about this piece other than the fact that it was created in a now—a self-contained transitional moment documented by the music heard in its short duration, be it banjo, wet leaves, traffic, voice, emotion, or anything else that might be heard and should never be ignored despite our filtering brains. That is what I mean by a "now."

My creative process for this piece is primarily personal so little will be shared here, but I will say it came out of frustration and cognitive dissonance relating to my desire to create but not having enough inspiration to actually create something that I felt honestly reflected me. I recorded a decent amount of material earlier in the day but disregarded it all. Now is what's left.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the amped up ambient sounds in the background. I really get the sense that you are just meandering through the park and taking in all the sound.

    ReplyDelete